Koenigsegg has unveiled an all-new megacar – the Koenigsegg Jesko – at the 2019 Geneva International Motor Show. Jesko inherits the mantle left by the Agera RS as the leading track-focused, road-legal car for those looking for the ultimate in vehicle performance.
- Re-designed 5.0 litre twin-turbo V8 engine producing 1280hp on standard gasoline and 1600hp on E85 biofuel (in some markets)
- Revolutionary new 9-speed Koenigsegg Light Speed Transmission (LST)
- Advanced aerodynamics offering over 1000kg of downforce
- Active rear-wheel steering
- Re-designed carbon fibre chassis with more legroom, headroom and greater visibility
Jesko is named for Jesko von Koenigsegg, the father of company Founder and CEO, Christian von Koenigsegg.
Jesko von Koenigsegg was a key presence at Koenigsegg Automotive during its formative years. His considerable business acumen helped steer the company through many early challenges. Now retired and in his 80’s, Jesko von Koenigsegg and his wife, Brita, were on-hand at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show to see his namesake vehicle introduced to the world.
$4M Koenigsegg Jesko is Now Ready to Enter Production
Photos By Koenigsegg
- Koenigsegg twin turbo aluminum 5,0L V8,
- Carbon fiber intake manifold with optimized intake tracts
- Sequential, multipoint fuel injection
- 4 valves per cylinder, flat-plane crankshaft, double overhead camshafts, dry sump lubrication
- Compression: 8.6:1
- Bore: 92 mm
- Stroke: 95.25 mm
- Individual cylinder pressure sensors and back pressure sensors
- Closed loop individual combustion and lambda control
- Tig-welded ceramic coated 0.8 mm wall thickness Inconel exhaust system manifold with merge collector
- Twin ceramic ball bearing turbo chargers with Koenigsegg response system.
- 1.7 bar boost pressure (2.2 bar with E85 – in some markets)
- Total engine weight: 189 kg
- Koenigsegg Engine Control Module V
- Flex fuel capability (optional)
- Gasoline: 955 kW (1280 hp) at 7800 rpm, redline at 8500 rpm.
- E85 (in some markets): 1195 kW (1600 hp)
- Torque: 1000 Nm from 2700 to 6170 rpm
- Max torque: 1500 Nm at 5100 rpm
Only 125 units of this Swedish hypercar will be built and all of them are already sold despite the base price of $3 million USD (approx. $3.8 million CAD). Deliveries are scheduled to start in early 2022.