So you wanna install a spoiler on your car yourself?
Here’s a quick run-down on how to DIY install a carbon fiber wing on a McLaren 570s! Watch the video for more detailed instructions.
- Order your carbon fiber wing online via
- Check to see all parts have been provided – carbon fiber wing, 2 brackets, 2 carbon fiber supports, 2 carbon fiber finish covers and bolts for fastening to brackets (2 per bracket) and for fastening supports to wing (3 per support).
- Remove engine bay cover – this is done via 2 bolts under the oil cover, pop off and place somewhere safe.
- Grab brackets, bolt these to the two posts within the engine bay using the original 4 bolts to the inside of the car – one on each side; the carbon fiber supports will mount to these brackets.
- Use the carbon fiber cover finish as a stencil, template for cutting – be sure you align it with the bracket, leave enough space for the supports and make sure it is flush with the top part of car.
- Use a Dremel to cut the space for the supports.
- Secure the supports to the brackets using bolts.
- Add the wing, secure with bolts provided.
- Make sure to use all 10 bolts to ensure the supports and wing are secure from vibration.
Watch the video here – how to install a carbon fiber wing on a McLaren 570s Supercar.
McLaren Kick Scooters – Officially Licensed by McLaren Automotive